Friday, June 6, 2008

A Masterwork and then a disaster

The only time that I have written a movie review was when I had watched Sarkaar. I was so much in love with the movie that after I watched it, I straight went to a review site and wrote how much I loved the movie and that RGV has finally arrived. 
I went to watch Sarkaar Raj with similar expectations. More so after a friend had watched a special screening a few days back and told me that this movie will RGV come back to his class. However, I was terribly disappointed. Its just old whine in a new 'family' bottle. Hackneyed plot, same extreme close-ups, now-irritating dim lighting and strange unfit dialogues. These don't make a film. In fact, there were times when I felt so bored, I was looking around if someone was walking out. Don't we all wait for someone else to walk out before we can also run to the exit! The reason why I am telling you this is because in case you haven't yet watched SR yet, think about your decision to watch it. And if you already have, let me know if you agree with what I felt. 


No comments: