Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Speed thrills

I have always admired the way most women drive. Whatever they drive, its as if they are being chased by a scum. So its usually full throttle. If its a two wheeler, the sight to watch is how their legs come down as soon as they hit the brakes. Obviously, the only time they are in full control of their vehicle is when they are belting the accelerator. 

I have usually not had too many experiences when I have sat behind or sat beside a lady driver. However, yesterday was a case study in itself. And all that I have come to believe over the years has come true. I was sitting beside a very good friend of mine with my father in the back seat. Its important that I mention that my father is one of those old-timers who has been driving from the days when the speedometer probably did not have numbers beyond 90. So his safe speed on a highway is 70 and within the city... well lets just leave it at that. 

Coming back, so with my dad sitting behind even I don't drive beyond 80-90. And here we were with the lady driving us towards the International Airport with the roads recently tarred, going full throttle. Completely oblivious to the heart beat of my dad which was probably much faster than the car speed. Throughout the way, the car was driven in 4th gear. Believe me, at one point when I mentioned to her that you must shift to the 5th gear, she said she did not have one. These days I guess even Muruti 800 comes with a 5th gear. I said I think you do. She looked at the gear, saw 5th written there and said, oh yes, I do. And do I need to mention what my dad went through while she was looking down trying to figure if there is actually a 5th gear. So much so for women driving. 

 The point that I am trying to make here is, Speed Thrills. But lady drivers, they just Kill. Hence Proved. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha

very well said...especially the last line :)