Thursday, May 7, 2009

Birthday bumble

I am really good at making a poo-poo of myself. Not once, twice I have done this!! Earlier, I had forgotten one of my closest friends birthdays. No its not just that. She had come over from another city, met me in Bangalore on her birthday and even then I forgot it. We dined together, we went out together and I still did not remember. Aray I did not remember it even after she left! And he husband was party to all of this. He never told me. He was there. He could have told me. But no, he din. Yeah I know, next i will blame global warming for my memory slip. Ok, I own it. I forgot. And I apologised. And since then, I have remember it. like they say, if you want to remember a women's birthday, forget it once! 
However, today I forgot another one. Now this case is even more peculiar. Till yesterday I remembered that I have to wish her. Today when I met her, I straight started off with some work that I had. I launched right into my monologue... This, that and all of that.. Not even a mention of her birthday. And then she politely said, harish, can you please wish me first. If I were in calcutta, the next thing that I would have done is jump into the ganges. I felt like Sita maiya, wanting the dharti mata to open up so that I can peacefully dive inside. I swear I even offered to go jump in chullu bhar paani. But the sweetheart that she is, she said I forgive you. Phew! The world doesn't know that it came so close to losing a genius! 
Thankfully, at least in this case, I can say there is always a next time. 

1 comment:

supernova said...

hehee... you genius you! I should have just sent you some chullu bhar pani! :-)