Friday, July 18, 2008

Enough reality. Really!

I have my TV channels formatted well. First there is music, then movies and then the regular programmes like star plus etc and finally the news channels. However, these days I don't know what to watch. Right from music channels to the general entertainment ones, every one has got nothing but reality shows on! 
MTV has this splitsville & ibibo superstar, V has get gorgeous and that apart every entertainment channel has some reality show or the other. I am fed up of them. Not one of them has anything worth watching. Some of them in fact are so irritating, you feel like plucking your hair out. I was flicking channels when I saw rakhi sawant interviewing Aamir khan. Believe me, I have never seen a worse chat show. She was not even able to properly read out from the flash cards. As it is, Aamir is not a personality who can carry a chat show on his shoulder. The two probably had the worst chemistry ever on silver screen! 
The best is the singing competitions. Toddlers, adolescents, adolescent folk, toddler folk, pop, all and sundry. Wonder why they left out the oldies. Here is another idea! Is someone listening. 
And then there are the dance shows. Boogie Woogie is giving Mahabharat a run for its money in terms of the duration. I think Javed Jafferey will get old and then eventually die as judge on the sets. Then there are the new ones. Celebrity dance shows, celebrity couples, husband & wives,  celebrity boys vs the girls. Don't they get bored? And then the anchors and the judges. If you want to laugh your heart out, just see what these anchors and the judges wear. Its hilarious!! Sit in front of your TV screen around 9 and start flicking channels. You will know what I mean. Now I know why they say 'Reality Bites'. It really does!

No comments: