Monday, July 14, 2008

Totally Hooked!

The other day I came across a very interesting brand name. Before I tell you, I would like you to do a small exercise. 
If I were to ask you what's the whackiest name that you can suggest to me for a real estate agent's company, what would that be? And if I allow a sexual innuendo, would that change what you just thought? Well, how about L.J.Hooker? Ya, thats the name that I noticed a real estate firm has! I wonder what went into their head. In a way it makes perfect sense though. After all, thats their business. To hook one person up with another for a deal. Or may be they named it because the guy who started it was called that. But if thats the argument, then I would be compelled to discuss the family tree of that person and what went into his forefathers head when they decided on this surname!
Anyways, now that I have told you about the whackiest real estate agent name, tell me, if these guys had a baseline, what would that be? For the uninitiated, 'baseline' or brand line is that short line which brands often write along with their brand name. Like Nike is Just do it, or RBK is I am what I am and so on and so forth. It basically defines either their business or its philosophy. Haan so coming back to the baseline for L.J.Hooker, can you think of an appropriate baseline? 
Well, if you can't, those guys certainly did. Their baseline is "Nobody does it better". You bet! And no, I am not joking here. I would love to know more of these fabulous names and baselines if you have come across one! But I am sure, nobody's would be better!!  

No comments: