Sunday, September 14, 2008

Give me my country back!

I feel like a hostage. In my own country. I feel a sense of chill every time I am in a Mall on a weekend. Why? Because these days, I feel, I am not safe anywhere. Nope, its not because I have a threat on my life but because terrorists are bombing places on will, the major metros of the country. Today they bombed the national capital (once again) and there is very little that Police, Intelligence and our government can do. 
I watched a movie called "A Wednesday" last week and I thought I could relate to it so much. The movie is about a common man (naseeruddin shah) who plants two bombs in Mumbai and then gets the Police to release four dreaded terrorists against the bomb threat. However, the twist is, he gets them released only to kill them. He does that because these guys are responsible for Mumbai/Gujrat bombing and no one is taking them to task. I think the time has come that we all stand up and do something about what's happening around us. We need to stop being not-bothered because its happening to someone else. 
Imagine, some outsiders are coming in our land, staying here and bombing Indian metros and then running away scot free! Even if they are caught, it takes decades to bring them to task. Today it has happened to someone else, tomorrow it might happen to us. Our government needs to stop minority appeasement and stand up to a fact that terror has now seeped inside the very roots of our country. And if we do not deal with them ruthlessly, we would all become hostages in our own land. Whoever they are - Hindu, Muslims or whatever, they need to be punished. They need to be executed. Annihilated. We as a country need to show them that they cannot target us like sitting ducks. We will retaliate, we will catch them and bring them to task. The government really needs to get its act together and either get POTA back or pass some even more stringent bill. Get some more agencies like the Mumbai ATS set up in different metros of the country and then hunt these terrorists down and execute them. Unless, we as a country stand up and resolve that we will throw this weed out of country, they will just keep on multiplying. 
I wish these blasts have woken someone up. Or it might just be too late.       
 

No comments: