Tuesday, September 9, 2008

good cop bad cop

I noticed a hilarious incident yesterday. I was driving through commercial street and suddenly just as I was passing by the Police Station I saw a guy running out with his pants on fire!! Full zoom only. He passed from right in front of my car. For a fraction of a second, I thought I will just open my car door and that guy would have rammed right into it! And after two minutes came a constable looking for him. He came outside the station door, saw left and right, smiled and then went back in. It was as if he had asked him to run. Imagine!!
Cut to another incident, I saw a crowd at the head of my lane. Saw a brand new Bajaj Pulsar and a few young fellows standing there. Then I saw two traffic inspectors. These guys were having an altercation. The cops apparently chased these college kids because they were not wearing helmet and then fined them 2000 bucks! 
So now my point is, when it suits them they chase. When it doesn't suit them, they smile and let go. The constable at the station knew he wasn't going to make any money out of that local goon. Moreover, he was completely unfit to chase him down. His belly would have revolted!! I think its time VLCC designs a package specially designed for City Cops!

No comments: